Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Whole 30: Day 3

I am back on the Whole 30 bandwagon! I need to slay the sugar dragon once and for all. This is day 3 and I feel fine. None of the fogginess I experienced the first time. I did have a killer migraine yesterday, but that is normal for me when I am not eating clean, not sleeping well, or hormonal.

Since our first Whole 30, in March/April, we have continued to fill our cart with lots of veg and fruit, good protein, 120 eggs at a time and read labels like fiends. We buy seeds and nuts, though we are eating far less of those. I still don't eat much grain or rice, though I have had some bread, pasta and baking, just not every day. Or even every week. We had added white potatoes back in on a fairly regular rotation, but I don't really miss them when we don't.

I think this transition into Whole 30 has been much easier, though the first week is really the easiest. You just make choices, a big choice that then guides all the small choices each day. No, I won't eat that ice cream that my husband bought the day before I started. No I won't eat the potato chips that he over-bought for the birthday party on the weekend. No, I won't have sweets with my girlfriends at our bible study today. Yes, I will cook myself a chicken breast for supper, instead of the easy hot dogs that my husband bought for the kids because we had a crazy evening...

Making those choices makes me feel proud and powerful.  I need that. It helps me make good choices in all areas of my life.

You can follow my journey into a healthier life over at https://www.facebook.com/healthymamaandfamily


No comments:

Post a Comment